Sunday, March 3, 2013

Walmart and Honey Boo Boo

I will begin by saying that even though the point of the Wal-Mart videos were to make working class citizens seem dumb, the videos were funny in a cruel way(weird sense of humor). My father works at a Wal-Mart and I can tell you that he knows nothing of the Dow Jones industrial average and I don't think his co-workers know it either. Like that guy that was working in the liquor section of Wal-Mart he had no idea what it even meant. Being a frequent shopper at Wal-Mart(thanks to my dads discount card) I also did not know what the heck the dow jones average was. I looked it up but I still don't really get it. It is a number, big deal Mark Dice. What are you trying to prove that working class people are dumb or something. In the beginning of the video and at the end when he was laughing because he already knew that shoppers weren't going to know what he was asking them made me want to punch him in is throat. He is just and ignorant SOB! Unfortunately, when upper and middle class people view videos like this, working class people just seem uneducated and that is when upper/middle class citizens think they are better. I also think that if Mark Dice were to go to any other store that seems higher end of the spectrum like Department stores, he would get the same response.

As so for Honey Boo Boo I am not much of a fan but it is hard to say that I haven't heard about that crazy family. From that article I can tell that the reality show is definitely scripted. Like many of the reality shows out their, as real as they want to be, some things have to be scripted to keep the viewers coming back. A good example is Mama June's weight. She says that she is happy with what she looks but yet behind the camera she would like to lose 100lbs. At least she does show some humanly aspect in her life but everything else just over shadows the small relatable parts because the craziness is more fun to watch. Beside what I just said I don't really have much to say because I don't actually watch the show maybe I should start watching it and have much more to say about Honey Boo Boo franchise.

Honey Boo Boo at Wal-Mart haha!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment